Blood-4-Blood Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood-4-Blood Clan.

Blood-4-Blood Clan. The Elite Ike Smashers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RoK the Reaper
Clan Leader
RoK the Reaper

Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl. Empty
PostSubject: Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.   Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:48 am

Salutations,
Recently I wrote a blog for my own personal thoughts on how hard it is maining Ike; and what I need to over come maining him. Evidentally it was so good that people told me it had inspired them or something and I found out I was featured on the front-page for Allisbrawl.com. Pretty good. This is what it read.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=578
Ambitions and Mountains.
posted to the public at 10:42 AM on Friday May 9, 2008
Salutations,
At any rate, let's get to this blog entry. This is primarily about my ambitions as an Ike mainer and what mountains I shall need toocver come to get where I need to get. Now, you may notice that when Smash Bros. Brawl came out; Ike was a damn NOOB magnet. The reason being he was an extremely strong character, murders in Free-for-Alls and before the Metagame was more developed he was able to rape everyone. I remember a post on Smashboards saying, "From Japan, what I've noticed is that Ike is pretty worthless once everyone else has mastered their character." basically saying that once your opponents no longer were ignorant of the game mechanics and had better utilized their characters that Ike wasn't as easy as he seemed, they were right. However, the difference between a Fairweather mainer and a TRUE mainer, is the abiility to conquer whatever is holding you back.
The reason that I main Ike is because I was a Roy Mainer in Melee. I was known on the Royboards well because of my love for him and advocation of my character, and constantly defending him when others said he was bad and lacked in comparison to Marth. In reality, he did lack next to Marth but a good Roy could also beat a Marth; and I was able to beat the reigning champion in my own town (Bluezaft) who uses Marth with my Roy, 2 stocked him before. I believe you can reign king with WHOMEVER you use. Kirby didn't really have kill moves but Krazy Kirby Kid (KKK) made you FEAR that pink ball of fury. It all goes to show how you play things. Roy wasnt' easy in Melee, he had lack luster recovery (Bottom of the recovery Tier list according to Super Smash Bros.Melee list of Smashboards) and was low tier, had no combo potential on really any non heavy chars, can be easily gimped killed, yet I was on par with everyone and when I used Fox (when I got really really angry) I was able to consecutively beat and stick with UTD Zac and Bluezaft (2nd Beast Peach and Best Marth in Dallas). Ike I feel is the same. I'm happy Ike has become so hard to play with it stops noobs and non serious Ike users from using him; and lets those of us who excel and work hard with him let it pay off.
Pesonally, I know I got some mountains to climb with Ike. He has no projectiles, which makes FD one of his worst stages against Olimar/Pit/Falco/Wolf/Rob etc. But alos his lack of speed makes other matches just as hard (Toon Link/Sonic on FD/Game&Watch, Etc.). I'm going to have to learn how to fight all of these and steadily improve, use SAF and IASA frames to the best of my ability and utilize tactics to take down all these characters. My ambition, as it was in Melee (but I got there to late) is to be the BEST IKE. I don't care if I NEVER win a single Brawl tournament; as Long as I'm considered to be the best Ike, regardless of place then I'm fine placing 2nd, 5th, even dead last. I know my goal, and I will do my best to reach it; No prisoners, no exceptions.

-RoK the Reaper "The Seraphim of Hell"
Back to top Go down
http://blood-4-blood.ogameforever.com
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.   Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:58 pm

An epic post. I'm sorry I didn't get to read it earlier. Right now I'm striving to be the best Ike in my region; maybe someday we'll vie for the title of best Ike if I achieve that initial goal Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Ryuzenshu

Ryuzenshu

PostSubject: Re: Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.   Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:12 pm

wow dude thats inspiring i came in really late in melee and thought i was good but got shut up big time at a tournament, since then i've been determined to become atleast a decent or an advanced player, i chose Ike cus the night of release i was with like 5 other friends and we were discussing the characters, they told me about Ike and said that hes prolly gunu be slow as hell, and i was used to fox, so i thought "hey, what the hell lets change things a bit"....im undefeated at school and among friends but im still pretty sure i suck...i joined B4B cus im determined to get better and get known for atleast being a good Ike user.
Thx alot for allowing me to join B4B RoK, it makes me feel like im part of something and therefore i strive to practice with friends...tyvm RoK^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.   Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Featured Blogger on All-is-Brawl.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood-4-Blood Clan. :: Got Skillz? :: Writing/Fan-Fiction/Poetry-
Jump to: