Blood-4-Blood Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood-4-Blood Clan.

Blood-4-Blood Clan. The Elite Ike Smashers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IKE IS H!GH T!3R

Go down 
5 posters

do you like the guide
yes
IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_lcap36%IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
no
IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_lcap27%IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
kind of
IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_lcap18%IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
I COULD DO BETTER
IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_lcap18%IKE IS H!GH T!3R Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:46 pm

1. TERMS OR VOCAB

jab= standard A move
ftilt= forward tilt or strong side A move
utilt=up tilt or upward strong A move
dtilt=down tilt or downward strong A move
fsmash=forward smash or side smash
usmash=up smash
dsmash=down smash
nair=neutral A arial
uair=up arial A
fair=forward arial A
bair=backwards arial A
dair=downward arial A
upb=up special
b=nuetral special
sideb=side special
downb=down special
fs=final smash

IKE'S SWORD

Ragnell, a sword blessed by the goddess, which is one of the only indestructible weapons in the series.The sword is one of only a few weapons that can damage the Black Knight\'s blessed armor.After their final duel, Ike continues to lead the army towards the Crimean capital and defeats Ashnard, ending the Daein occupation and allowing Elincia to take her proper place as the nation\'s queen.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
Jump neutral A is 270' degree angle hit.
Incredibly powerful.
Very long range on most attacks.
Medium-Heavyweight.
Neutral A combo and Side B are fast attacks that can be used to approach and kill at fairly high percentages.
Side B (Quick Draw) has incredible versatility, allowing him to perform numerous effective combos and it can be charged indefinitely.
Up Tilt is long-ranged and quick.
Back Air is very quick and immensely powerful.
Forward smash KOs at very low percentages.
Multiple attacks that can KO around as low as 40%.
Quick Draw is an amazing horizontal recovery.
Great at edgeguarding.
Can Counter.
With Counter and Super Armor frames combine with his decent weight, he has some of the best defensive strategies in the game.
Aether (Up B) can edge-stall and deal damage to opponents who are near the edge, giving Ike one of the best edge-games.
N-air is a fast attack if auto-canceled, although this decreases its hit angle.
Most Aerials have good range and knockback.
Has both a strong vertical and horizontal recovery move.
Aether (Up B) and Eruption (Neutral B) give Ike some frames of Super Armor which can completely negate knockback, and are arguably the easiest Super Armor to use in the game.
One of the most effective characters at damaging fast characters.
Has more spikes than any other character. (A total of four spikes)
Cons:
Most attacks start up slowly and have significant ending lag.
Up-B is short ranged horizontally.
No projectile.
Poor Air Speed.
Side B Recovery can be gimped by simply jumping onto its path. This stops Ike in his tracks and puts him into a Helpless state.
Side B Recovery slides when it hit the ground which can be easily punished.
Counter has starting frames in which he can't counter, not an immediate counter and can be punished if predicted.
Both recovery moves are somewhat predictable, since they only travel in one direction.
Slow Dash speed.

Strategy & Tips

Ike's Forward-Smash is a good move. Learn to use it effectively, and you'll be KOing opponents before they reach 50%. His Up-Smash also covers a huge area, and can be great at taking out characters coming in from above you.
Most of Ike's attacks have a long range, use the length of his sword to offset his lack of speed.
Don't overlook Ike's Neutral-A. It's one of his few fast combinations, and can rack up damage early in the battle.
Ike's Forward-B can be held literally forever, so don't be afraid to wait until the perfect moment (especially in multiplayer matches).
Don't forget that Ike's Eruption ability hits enemies on all sides of him. Also, try using it in the air.
Side B has no lag if it does not hit a target. This allows you to immediately segue into a Neutral A combo, a Grab, an Uptilt, or an Aether.
If you are on the ledge and your opponent is waiting for you above the ledge, drop down and immediately Aether. This will throw your sword up on to the stage, dealing several hits to that person, and can be aimed to put Ike back on the edge or have him return to the stage. This gives him a versatile edge-game.
Ike has two different spikes to aid his edge-guarding game. His downtilt is slow, but a fairly long ranged ground-based spike. It is best against opponents who cannot auto-sweetspot the edge with their third jumps, like Wario and Sonic. His Down Aerial thrusts his sword beneath him, spiking anyone who's hit by it. This has a long duration and can be used as a powerful spike. Additionally, the Aether (Up B) drags opponents down when it falls, and can be used to spike, but this can be risky. It is best to try to do this close to the edge, which can allow Ike to grab the edge out of his Aether and survive.
Ike has some of the best Super Armor in the game. Use it to negate knockback on powerful attacks. Also, you can use the Eruption SA to counter, along with his actual counter. All of this gives Ike some of the best defensive strategies in the game.
Able to "Ike Charge Tackle," the tactic of charging a Quick Draw while falling and releasing it in the air about level with the platform in front of him. When the animation finishes, Ike will slide smoothly foreward and be able to launch another attack (neutral A combo, for example) while still moving foreward.
Unless playing against a character with projectiles, wait for them to come to you unless you use an offensive Ike but use this if you play a defensive Ike.
Aether can be used to attack a recovering opponent above the edge, then when Ike is coming down, move towards the edge to edge-hog. The opponent falls and if tries to recover will not damage Ike (invincibility frames from grabbing edge)

2! Edge guarding:

Ikes triple A move is strong and if the last hit hits your opponent he is going to go flying.The best way to actually hit them when they get near you just hold A and one you hit him it will finish off the three hit combo.

Eruption is actually a good edgeguard because it has desent knockback. For most players, timing Eruption slightly earlier gives you a better chance, since after a point when he begins the actual attack, he has \"super armor\" and can\'t be knocked away. I found myself being hit before I could let go of the attack before finally being able to time it right and killing other players at ridiculously low percentages.

You can use a Fair or even a Dair or a Bair which is one of his fastest moves

you could jump off the edge and UP+B you opponent and possible aether spike him.

Down Tilt Spike

Down air Spike

3! Recovery:

Over+B or UP+B 1. You can\'t over b then up b unless you get hit after finishing the over b move. If you DON\'T get hit, you\'ll simply become exhausted and fall helplessly... so you only get the choice of one.

4! Combos:

QuickDraw to aether For quick draw-ing into combos, you need to make sure Ike goes the distance but doesn\'t get too close to the opponent (he\'ll hit them)... so most of the time, learning the minimum distance for over b is good on the platform from which you\'d be able to do whatever.

QuickDraw to Uptilt
Down throw to Aether (against bad DIers)
Nair - Jab Canceled jab - Jab canceled jab - grab - dthrow as an effective combo.you might be able to throw in an aether after the down throw at low percentages

6! Here are some tricks that work with every
character:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto...chnique10.html

<Ukemi>

When a blow sends you flying, tap the shield button just before you come into contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling. You’ll bound off the surface with a little hop and, like a judo master, cancel any excess momentum that would have otherwise kept you careening around wildly.

Press with just the right timing.
Since midair move-based recoveries have become more fluid, I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game.

<Perfect Shield>

The enemy closes in to attack. You draw him or her closer, then closer still, and just before the blow connects...
Clang! You just performed a perfect shield! You’ll recover from the blow you just blocked with almost no delay and are in a perfect position to launch a counterattack!

<Stale-Move Negation>

Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease! This has a good effect too less knockback -> easier comboing
And so it should. Let’s face it, it takes more skill to use a character’s full move set than to rely on the same attack over and over.
Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try and weave a wide variety of attacks into your offense.
Also, if you feel like your attacks just aren’t launching the opponent as far as they should... Once again, I suggest you try mixing a few other moves into your offense.

<Glancing Blows>

This isn’t really a technique so much as it is a little tidbit of Smash info.
When your attack just grazes the opponent you’ll hear a little \"chik,\" meaning you’ve just barely grazed the opponent.

<Swim>

In Brawl you can actually swim a little bit when you’re in water. You’ll soon drown though, and the more damage you’ve accumulated, the less time you’ll be able to stay afloat.

<Small Jump>

This technique is absolutely vital in a scuffle.
Every character has a momentary animation before they jump where they sort of hunker down. If you let off the jump button before this animation ends you’ll perform a small jump.

<Pivot Grab>
While dashing, press the direction opposite your current heading while performing a grab. You’ll get more range out of this kind of grab, so try pulling a 180 and scooping up your unsuspecting opponent with it.

advanced tactics to use!

Ledge Jump: Push away from the ledge and jump back on can be used to regain your invincibility frames.

Jab Cancelling: Jab crouch stand up and repeat.

Ledge Dropped Aether: push down from the ledge then up+B it will hit surprised edgeguarders

Ledge Jumped QuickDraw: Ledge jump then QuickDraw back to the stage.

Hyphen Smashing: To do this run and then upsmash you can time the upsmash any time in the middle of your Dash or while you are walking.

Strategy & Tips

Ike\'s Forward-Smash is a good move. Learn to use it effectively, and you\'ll be KOing opponents before they reach 75%.
Most of Ike\'s attacks have a long range, use the length of his sword to offset his lack of speed.
Don\'t overlook Ike\'s Neutral-A. It\'s one of his few fast combinations, and can rack up damage early in the battle.
Ike\'s Forward-B can be held literally forever, so don\'t be afraid to wait until the perfect moment (especially in multiplayer matches).
Don\'t forget that Ike\'s Aether ability hits enemies on all sides of him. Also, try using it in the air

7!
move damage percentage % this is from one of Kirk\'s video Ike Moveset Percentages and Ranges
Before I talk about the strengths and uses I am going to show you someone elses thoughts on the moves he thinks just like I think you!

Ground Attacks

Dash A - Slashes forward
Neutral A - Punches with his left hand, then a step-forward kick, moving forward with each blow, then an overhead swing of the sword
Forward Tilt - Horizontal slash
Up Tilt - Holds his sword out horizontally and raises it to above his head this way, jumping. One of his fastest ground moves
Down Tilt - Slashes along the ground. Slower than Marth\'s, but longer ranged. Spikes the opponent powerfully
Forward Smash - Overhead swing of his sword to the ground in front of him. Long ranged and very powerful, but very slow
Up Smash - Swings his sword from his feet over his head to behind him. Also powerful, long ranged, and slow
Down Smash - Slashes towards the ground on either side. Powerful, long ranged, and one of his fastest smash attacks
Aerial Attacks
Up Aerial - Slow swipe over his head in an arc, hits a wide range above him
Down Aerial - Thrusts his sword down under him. Powerful meteor smash if he hits with the blade
Neutral Aerial - Swings his sword in an arc around his body. Shorter ranged than most of his aerials, but hits 270º around him
Forward Aerial - Swings his sword like his forward smash, but a little faster. Overhead arc to horizontal by his feet. Long landing lag
Back Aerial - Quick backwards swing with his sword. Apperance similar to Marth\'s Neutral Aerial. Very powerful, fastest of his aerials
Grabs and Throws
Up Throw - Puts his hands together and clubs opponent upward.
Down Throw - Throws opponent down to the ground and stomps on them.
Back Throw - Throws the opponent backwards while kicking them.
Forward Throw - Throws opponent forwards while kicking them.

just for a little fun I am posting his taunts

Taunts
Up: Poses with his blade while crouching, and wind blows his cape up.
Side: Poses with his blade and says \"Prepare yourself.\"
Down: Thrusts his sword into the ground, crosses his arms, and wind blows his cape up.
On-Screen Appearance: He is teleported in with a Warp Staff. His pose is different from Marth\'s

Ike Trivia
Ike is one of the few characters to have a brief speaking role in the Subspace Emissary, shouting, "Great Aether!" as he attacks the Ancient Minister. Oddly enough he uses a normal Aether to hit the Ancient Minister.
In the English version he shouts "Great Aether!".
The crowd cheer for Ike is "We Like Ike". President Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower had this phrase as his campaign slogan. (This is also a reference to Roy, as Roy also had a unique cheer in Melee.)
Like Marth, Ike supplements a Smash attack with a battering weapon with his own sword. However, while Marth opens with his sword and follows up with the weapon, Ike opens with the weapon, and follows up with his sword.
Voted "Favorite Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Character" by a poll on Nintendopedia.
The stance Ike enters for his side taunt also appears in Radiant Dawn when Ike initinates an attack
other good guides

Roiths guide
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142660F

Last edited by Combo_King on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:35 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
XACE-K

XACE-K

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:21 pm

You copied and pasted part of the guide from the dojo didn't you?
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:44 pm

no my guide on smashboards
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Either you're missing FTilt in your list of moves or you mixed it up with dash attack. It's overall a pretty good guide, but has some room for improvement in terms of content. I was hoping to see more stuff on match-ups. By the way, DTilt has two different knockbacks: the spike you mentioned and another one in which they are sent flying out like they would by with FTilt; this happens when they are on top of Ike during the attack and get hit by his arm. FTilt can be angled, as well. Also, I didn't see either the term IASA on your guide or that he has IASA frames during his aerial landing lag and a whiffed Quick Draw; you should probably add that. (Video proof for landing lag) Just as a note, "glancing blows" are more commonly known as phantom hits and are when your attack's hitbox is tangent to your opponent's "hurtbox"; in Brawl, your opponent takes no damage and there is a red spark where he/she was hit.

A table of contents would be useful, in terms of organization.
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:24 pm

i will do this later
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:57 am

Combo_King wrote:
i will do this later

Later = soon? I was looking forward to reading this, since RoK the Reaper isn't really updating (or starting) his guide Sad.

EDIT: Something not important at all, but for the sake of parallelism, you should either change "UPSmash" to "USmash" and "DownSmash" to "DSmash", or you could change "FSmash" to "ForwardSmash"; it's just that right now you have a mix of both abbreviations. (Yeah, I'm anal about grammar.)

Something more important is that you don't define what Hyphen Smashing is, although you talk about it in the USmash section.

Also, you might want to add that Ike's Counter does a minimum of 8% (? I might be thinking of Marth) and is noticeably slower than Marth's.
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:18 pm

I am sorry I am stressed out about school ending soon
and I am going camping this weekend so yeah
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Combo_King wrote:
I am sorry I am stressed out about school ending soon
and I am going camping this weekend so yeah

No problem; I'm just glad that you still plan on doing this guide. I probably wouldn't have the discipline to sit down and work on a guide anyway, so I have no right to complain ^ ^;;.
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:46 pm

updated check the advanced tactic thing now

oh and those terms I will change
Table of contents I will add when I am closer to finishing this
Back to top Go down
Ban3

Ban3

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:04 pm

metroid1117 wrote:

Also, you might want to add that Ike's Counter does a minimum of 8% (? I might be thinking of Marth) and is noticeably slower than Marth's.
it does min of 10% god git it rite lol!
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm

XACE-K wrote:
You copied and pasted part of the guide from the dojo didn't you?
yes I did
Back to top Go down
Ryuzenshu

Ryuzenshu

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:46 pm

nice guide^^ i'll be trying to use it against my friends
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:38 pm

all right
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 pm

For your statement on Stale Move Negation, you should also add that it has some uses as well; less knockback -> easier comboing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IKE IS H!GH T!3R Empty
PostSubject: Re: IKE IS H!GH T!3R   IKE IS H!GH T!3R Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IKE IS H!GH T!3R
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood-4-Blood Clan. :: Assistance :: Character Match-Up Findings-
Jump to: