Blood-4-Blood Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood-4-Blood Clan.

Blood-4-Blood Clan. The Elite Ike Smashers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
metroid1117

IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Empty
PostSubject: IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD   IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:35 am

I posted this on Smashboards and some people thought it was helpful, so why not share this with my fellow B4BC members?

I apologize if you have found this out already, but I haven't seen any posts about this and hoped that at least someone could learn from this.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjuWxzdOz8

First off, before asking what IASA frames are, please read the video description.

As you can see, buffering a shield while landing causes Ike's IASA frames during landing lag to be revealed. While this can speed up your gameplay, it is not as important as L-canceling was. The IASA frames come up about when Ike starts to lift his arm up.

I did some testing of my own; I determined FAir to have +/- 29 frames of lag , then I determined that FAir's IASA frames come up at +/- frame 22. This saves you roughly 7 frames of lag; it's pretty significant, seeing that you can make it even harder for people to punish you after a well-spaced FAir.

While I do not have a video demonstration of Quick Draw having IASA frames, you can do it yourself; first, QD so that you whiff, and notice how there is a slight lag time in which Ike draws his arm up after stopping (look for the white smoke). Next, QD but hold shield; if you look closely, you'll notice that he skipped part of his stopping animation.

Note that IASA frames are most easily seen in 1/4th speed in Training Mode; just buffer your things with shield and you'll see where they are.

Also note that note all characters have IASA frames during landing lag (like Samus); this supports the notion that Sakurai actually tried balancing Brawl at a competitive standpoint. That, however, is not the point of the topic. The point is...

LEARN 'DEM IASA FRAMES!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
XACE-K

XACE-K

PostSubject: Re: IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD   IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Wait, so IASA frames is like L-canceling but not as strong as it?
Back to top Go down
yoonkwun

PostSubject: Re: IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD   IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:27 pm

XACE-K wrote:

Basically, yeah.

Never knew about IASA frames but I think we all took advantage of it, because almost all of us Jab after Fairing / Nairing /QD'ing etc. It's good to know what we're doing technically, though ^^
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD   IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:01 pm

XACE-K wrote:

L-canceling was speeding up your landing animation; IASA frames are when you can interrupt your landing animation. There's no problem in thinking that it's like pseudo-L-canceling though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD   IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IASA Frames During Landing Lag + Whiffed QD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood-4-Blood Clan. :: Assistance :: Character Match-Up Findings-
Jump to: