Blood-4-Blood Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood-4-Blood Clan.

Blood-4-Blood Clan. The Elite Ike Smashers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reverse Aether Edgeguard

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
metroid1117

Reverse Aether Edgeguard Empty
PostSubject: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:33 pm

I have to experiment with it more, but in theory it seems plausible.

When grabbing the edge, use Reverse Aether; if you DI backwards you can grab the stage with your back and get off an Aether spike. If your opponent tries up+B'ing back, you can either edgehop DAir spike them, edgehop BAir to knock them out, or even lower yourself and Reverse Aether again so that your sword covers the edge and forces another spike. The thing that's best about Reverse Aether, in my opinion, is that you can use it from all the varying levels that Aether gives you a vertical height; you can do it straight from the edge to get higher characters, or you can go low enough to cover the edge with your sword. The bad thing about this is the risk of suiciding and/or missing your opponent so they edgehog you.

I could see it working against characters with a predictable recovery (Falcon/Ganondorf) or those with a high-priority up+B (Lucas); does it seem to have its uses?
Back to top Go down
XACE-K

XACE-K

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:07 pm

I haven't tried this yet but it sounds useful, I just need to try it against other smashers to see if it works.
Back to top Go down
Jacot

Jacot

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Ohhh i just gotta test this
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I've done some testing on my own against level 1 computers. It turns out that this doesn't work as well as I thought it would. When you DI back to grab the edge, your opponent can escape the Aether spike occasionally. Also, there is an extremely high risk/reward factor, and it is harder to aim than I expected. Still, it's flashy and has its uses.
Back to top Go down
Jacot

Jacot

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:54 pm

metroid1117 wrote:
Still, it's flashy and has its uses.

Thats what pwnage is cheers
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 3:34 pm

This is actually pretty good for interrupting Fox's up+B when they're coming diagonally-up from under the stage; the only danger is that if you miss, they'll automatically edgehog you Crying or Very sad . Even so, if you get it off it'll force them to use their slow up+B, giving you time to edgehop BAir or spike them.
Back to top Go down
XACE-K

XACE-K

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 3:51 pm

I tried this and the only way I can do this without SDing is if I go near the ledge, jump off and before I automatically grab it, I use Aether. Whenever I try something else I die.
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:43 pm

XACE-K wrote:
I tried this and the only way I can do this without SDing is if I go near the ledge, jump off and before I automatically grab it, I use Aether. Whenever I try something else I die.

Try holding "away" when you're on the edge to let go, do up+B diagonally away from the stage to activate Aether, then go towards the stage. It takes a while to be able to it on command.
Back to top Go down
yoonkwun

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:22 pm

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds reasonable, you would cover the area from the height of Ike's Aether down to the edge for the spike, maybe if you just did regular Aether, you would land on the stage and wouldn't have to risk being edgeguarded?
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:16 pm

yoonkwun wrote:
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds reasonable, you would cover the area from the height of Ike's Aether down to the edge for the spike, maybe if you just did regular Aether, you would land on the stage and wouldn't have to risk being edgeguarded?

The problem with that is that it'll only work if your opponent DI's away from the stage; when Ike hits the ground, it creates a hitbox that negates the downward spike from Aether. Otherwise, it would be a much more effective (and safer) edgeguard Crying or Very sad .
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:29 pm

After further testing, I have deemed it an effective edgeguard against Bowser, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Pit (when he gets sloppy). However, it only works on the space animals when they're using up+B, and at those times you can just use BAir.
Back to top Go down
XACE-K

XACE-K

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Well the only way I can now do this without dying is when I use Aether when standing on the ledge facingthe area where I would die.
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:22 am

I have to try this
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Not entirely related to the edgeguard I outlined above, but this is pretty funny.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BAXyEaqNYhg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Aether Edgeguard   Reverse Aether Edgeguard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse Aether Edgeguard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood-4-Blood Clan. :: Assistance :: Character Match-Up Findings-
Jump to: