Blood-4-Blood Clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood-4-Blood Clan.

Blood-4-Blood Clan. The Elite Ike Smashers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ike DSmash Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
metroid1117

Ike DSmash Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm

(We need an "Ike Discussion" part of the forum Neutral.)

I find myself liking DSmash more and more, lately; it's killing power for the front hit (around 110% and up on medium-weight characters) is pretty good, considering that it's Ike's second-fastest ground move. The second hit is also great for punishing rollers or people who are close to you and side-step the first hit; there is a hitbox right at Ike's feet that will knock anyone who's right next to you. However, I like it best because it puts your opponent in what I think is the best position possible for Ike: on top of him. At this position, you can either threaten them with an UAir, out-space them with a FAir, or punish them when they come down with Ike's deadly USmash and FTilt. Even if they DI away for the DSmash, you can still threaten them while they land with Quick Draw (QD behind the opponent while they're above -> FTilt in the back is so bad***), the unexpectedly-long dash attack, or FAir. DSmash allows you to launch your opponents in the air quickly without deteriorating Ike's more powerful (and slower) USmash.

It's the speed of the move that I really like about this, however; you can sometimes get this off while performing your jab combo if you just do the first two hits and your opponent DIs them upwards or tries to SDI the third hit, allowing you to DSmash them. This move is also handy if your opponent likes to airdodge close to the ground and buffer with a shield, or if they like to buffer their spotdodges with a shield. The second hit, however, partially negates this advantage; it's lag can cause you to be open if your opponent catches on and rolls away from you when you try pulling this out. I think this is the biggest reason why people don't like this (and why I don't think this move is godly); however, it shouldn't take away from the fact that it is a good move, in my opinion. What do you guys think of Ike's DSmash?
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

PostSubject: Re: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:40 pm

yah and if your opponent thinks he will roll behind you and hit you DSmash works perfectly

maybe after a Nair (ShortHoppedandLanded)

or while you opponent is running at you.
Back to top Go down
metroid1117

PostSubject: Re: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Combo_King wrote:
yah and if your opponent thinks he will roll behind you and hit you DSmash works perfectly

maybe after a Nair (ShortHoppedandLanded)

or while you opponent is running at you.

Hmm... I wouldn't do it if they were running at me. It lacks the horizontal range in my opinion, and I think it would be safer to jab; if they shield the DSmash, you'll get punished, but if they shield the jab, you can cancel it and back off.
Back to top Go down
Combo_King

PostSubject: Re: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:21 am

yah the horizontal range does suck
Back to top Go down
yoonkwun

PostSubject: Re: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:56 pm

tl;dr on the first post, but I have also been using DSmash more and more. It all depends on the style of playing on your opponent, though. Some people ( at least the ones I've played ) tend to dodge behind you and you get used to it enough that you can predict it and use the Dsmash to get them, it's better than the USmash because the prelag is much quicker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ike DSmash Discussion   Ike DSmash Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ike DSmash Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood-4-Blood Clan. :: Assistance :: Character Match-Up Findings-
Jump to: